www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am Full of Pie

Raise your hand if you overate on Thanksgiving.

Count me in. Not horrible, but definitely over the comfort zone.

While I'm a pumpkin pie lover, Eamonn is not. Apparently if you don't grow up eating things that are pumpkin flavored, you never really develop a love for it. I have yet to meet someone from England who says they like pumpkin.

Anyway, I was debating about what our second pie flavor would be on Thanksgiving. The boys and I decided on apple after I found THIS recipe. Sometimes I come down a little hard on The Pioneer Woman because her recipes will put the average citizen into cardiac arrest. But on Thanksgiving, I'm willing to throw her a bone. It's time to throw caution to the wind.

I'm telling you, this apple pie is the bomb. The final two pieces need to go away before I suffer death by pie.

And definitely make the hard sauce for the top. Wow.

I made an attempt to have a gluten free Thanksgiving. I did it with one exception: the sausage stuffing Eamonn makes. I just ate a little because it's worth a little stomach cramping.

I made gluten free pie crusts with THIS recipe. I was a little worried because sometimes gluten free = nasty. But it was a total hit. Eamonn was complimenting the crust. When they were all finished eating, I dropped the gluten free bombshell.

Next up: Gluten Free Christmas. I'm already plotting and planning.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

mmmmm!

I'll have to find my Mom's recipe for Apple pie. It's full of brown sugar, walnuts and cranberries. Don't scoff, it's amazing.

I had packet oatmeal for breakfast, cookie for lunch, and I think hummus and triscuits for dinner. On the road...

M said...

Please note: hand is raised.

I had Thanksgiving for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 days straight. I loved candied yams. I also have an apple pie recipe that is awesome...I don't even like pie and I will eat that one.

Now just to hope my Athleta sale pants fit!

Marci said...

i was going to ask you if the pie was good...sounds like it was! yum, i totally need to make this, maybe for Christmas. PS--I asked for a cookbook from the pioneer woman for Christmas!