www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mattresses. Yet again.

I swear this will be my last mattress post for awhile. I need to hit the town and do more research. But I wanted to tell you something funny that Finn said today. He and Declan frequently sleep in the same room--sometimes in the double bed in Finn's room, sometimes in Declan's bunk beds. For the past week, they've been in Finn's room. These last few nights have been really cold so I'm guessing a little extra body heat is nice.

Anyway, yesterday Finn informed me that he needed a Tempurpedic mattress. Keep in mind, neither of the boys have been with me when I shopped for a mattress. I've probably mentioned it though.

The reason Finn says he needs a Tempurpedic mattress is so that when he gets up in the middle of the night, he doesn't wake Declan by moving the bed.

My issues:
-Why is he getting up in the middle of the night?
-He is clearly watching too much TV.

My next post will not be about mattresses. But wow, you guys are passionate about your mattresses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I hadn't have stayed away so long. My feelings are, until you own a memory foam you don't realize what comfort you're missing. We've had ours for 2 years now and I haven't noticed anything different about it since we bought it. One of my dislikes about it is, it keeps you very warm. Now my husband who has bad circulation loves that part also. I've learned to deal with it by throwing the covers off (tmi). I never dreamed I would be so happy about putting so much money in a mattress. When I have time I plan to go back and read what others have said about theirs.

Lynn

1dreamr said...

Finn said that??! Wow. Maybe he's reading your blog in his spare time!!

jean said...

Tommy used to sleep very little when he was a small child. He would get up long before Don & Karen and watch infomercials on tv - this was before he discovered ESPN Sports Center. When they would go to the mall, he would see the Tempurpedic mattress store and insist that he needed one, and would proceed to quote the infomercial. Kids...

Jenn Freeman said...

Loving the latex mattress. Cost a fortunate but after 2 months of sleeping poorly, the first night of sleep on it made us realize it was well worth the extra $. In fact we were looking for reasons to hang out in our bedroom. In fact we are all laying on it playing right now.