www.flickr.com

Monday, February 6, 2012

Grandparents are Fun

I consider myself very lucky that I still have a grandparent alive. My Grandpa is 98. 98! I love visiting him and hearing tales of his youth or his observations on life. He's very well-read. In fact, I'm usually pretty embarassed at what I DON'T know what I talk to him.

All four of my grandparents were a very big presence in my life growing up. We lived just about an hour away from them, and I spent a lot of time in the small town where they all lived.

So I love it when my own parents come for a visit. It's fun to see the boys interact with them. My Dad just left after a visit. Here are a few pics of the fun.


Finn and Grandpa out for a snowshoe.


Me falling down while snowshoeing.


Boys out for breakfast with Grandpa. I thought I asked for a croissant, but did not receive one upon their return...



First ever picture of Grandpa and all nine grandkids.



Grandpa and the boys.

3 comments:

Leeann said...

Well isn't your Dad a handsome man? Wow! He looks very fit as well.

My husband has two living grandparents still (98 and 95) and one that died a handful of years ago. Can you imagine?

M said...

Great pictures...a little heavy on the boys...we're the opposite here. You are very lucky on the granparent end...I had only one when I was born- and only saw here about 5 times...but I wrote her lots of letters.

Got Snow?

1dreamr said...

Love the pics! Your dad looks fantastic!