www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 9, 2012

L U V Madonna!

I have been cracking up at all of the articles and comments floating around the Internet this week about Madonna's half-time performance at the Super Bowl.

I'm going to come clean here and tell you that I loved it. LOVED IT! I thought it was showy and fun, and my sister and I grooved through the whole thing.

Did she lip sync? I'm pretty sure she did (although the kids caught onto it first and had to convince us). But so what? I think it was proven by the Black Eyed Peas that the acoustics, no matter where the Super Bowl is played, just really aren't that great in these huge stadiums. Besides, I'm one of those people who wants to hear the music like it sounds on my iPod!

Did she slip? Yes, but I can't even walk in boots like that, let alone dance.

Did her back up dancers assist her when she was doing her moves? Yes, I'm pretty sure that was part of the dance routine. I don't think she was there to try out for the 2012 Women's Olympic Gymnastics Team. I could be wrong though. Think Geena Davis.

All in all I thought the whole thing was fun and entertaining, and I laughed when someone said, "I didn't get the gladiators." And someone else said, "I didn't get the pom poms." It was just a show. I don't think we were supposed to find any existential meaning in it.

But I could be wrong.

Now I totally want to see her on tour with my hair up in a bandana, black leggings, mini skirt, and arms full of black rubber bracelets. Because I L U V Madonna, and I think I always will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too!

Leeann said...

I liked it too! We all did. And I kind of hate and love her new song all at once!