www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Baking is Exhausting

My Mom is here! Last night, Tara and Garvin came over and spent the night. After the kids went to bed, we stayed up late eating popcorn and watched an English murder mystery. It did take place at Christmas so I think it qualifies as a holiday movie.

Anyway, we baked Christmas cookies all day today and at this point, I can barely keep my eyes open. Apparently I forget from year that baking requires effort. Put half of your attention on the Little House on the Prairie Christmas episode, It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas and fuggedaboutit. It'll sap all of your strength.

The boys decorated their gingerbread houses:


Then we watched an Andy Williams Christmas Show retrospective and now I'm a little depressed because it is clear to me that I will probably not meet Andy Williams before I die. Or he dies. Whichever comes first. Either way, he is clearly not out there pining away because he hasn't met his biggest fan.

I'm trying to come to grips with this.

2 comments:

1dreamr said...

That's a great pic of your mom with the boys. Don't give up on meeting Andy yet... it could happen... really, it could!!!

Elizabeth said...

WoW! The gingerbread houses are amazing. I'd be exhausted too.