www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Grrrrrr

I am so incredibly annoyed with myself. I have apparently lost our pretty new video camera. The one that had 80 GB of memory and that was completely full of an entire season of hockey...and clips of my Grandpa talking about "the old days."

Fortunately, I discovered that I did backup the videos of Grandpa, so I do feel slightly better about that, but no hockey. And no camera. I used it at the last hockey game on Sunday afternoon and I can only imagine that it must have rolled out of my bag and someone picked it up. There were so many people from out of town at the rink on Sunday, it's the only thing I can think of. I haved searched the house and the ice rink--no luck. It's gone. I feel a little sick-ish at the thought of how much we paid for the camera. I've been emotionally eating all day. Sigh.

I'm trying to decide if I have it in me to go exercise. It's 5pm. The time change is kicking my ass, frankly. In addition to my own work and lots of meetings this week, I have also been up early to work on the mountain three days in a row.

I'm not feelin' the love. I'm telling myself I should just take a bath and go to bed early.

And let's talk about the bed since you guys asked.

The Tempurpedic. I love it. Beyond love it. What's beyond loving it? I don't know, but whatever it is, that's what I'm feeling.

We've had it for about a month now and I'm sleeping really well. I think the two biggest factors in that department are:

-It's a bigger bed--we went from a queen to a king (which should make sleeping in a DOUBLE at the hotel in Denver tomorrow night fairly miserable) so we are no longer crashing into each other in the night. The downside of that was the other night Eamonn told me it was too far to go to give me a kiss goodnight. Travel is involved if you want to kiss your spouse.

-The stop motion. Stop motion is my new best friend. And basically, if Eamonn moves over there in the hinterlands of his side of the bed, I don't really know it. Unless he's pulling the covers off me. I do feel that. But if he gets up or comes to bed after me, or if I come to bed later, the other has no clue. The bed does not move. And it's awesome.

Plus, I find the bed very, very comfortable. We bought the Cloud model, which was sort of middle of the road in terms of firmness. The next level down was like sleeping on a brick. The next level up was the Cloud Supreme and it has another layer on the top that to me, made it too soft. It was also a zillion dollars more, so it's a good thing I didn't like that. We also got new pillows. They were having a promotion where you bought two and got one free.

The most common concerns about these beds are apparently the smell and that they "sleep hot."

The smell. I thought the pillows off-gassed far longer than the bed. The bed had been on a truck for two days in the mountains on its way to us. It was pretty cold and hard when it got here. I left it to sit for about 8 hours before I put any cover or sheets on it. I was expecting it to make the whole room smell weird. It didn't. In fact, I confess I didn't even notice the smell. The pillows were a little smellier for a few days, but then again, my head was right on it. It really didn't phase me though.

As for the bed making you feel hot. Yes, it does increase your body temp, I think. Normally in the winter, I sleep in a t-shirt, pajama pants, and heavy wool socks. We don't have a blanket on our bed, but we have always had a down comfortor. I have always put a blanket, folded over 4 times, on my side of the bed. Eamonn has no need for extra covers. I like the warmth and I like heavy covers on me.

We no longer have the down comfortor. It doesn't fit the new bed and I haven't bought anything yet. We are using a basic comfortor, not down. It's a queen size, but when you turn it sideways it fits the bed. It's just stopgap until I find what I want, but it works for now. Anyway, the bed does make me a little warmer, so I don't sleep in pajama pants. Now I'm down to a t-shirt, boxers, heavy socks, the queen comfortor, and the blanket folded 4 times. Not hugely different, but somewhat different. On another note, we aren't having a very cold winter either, so I wasn't always wearing pajama pants prior to this bed getting here.

I wake up rested (when I get in bed before midnight!!!). I'm not sore anymore. I feel like I'm sleeping better.

I don't know if Eamonn is as enamoured of the bed as I am. There are some issues with the financing. The terms Tempurpedic sent us are different than those that arrived from Wells Fargo and Eamonn is really ticked about that. He said he had a good mind to send the bed back after 90 days (which you can do). I shed a little tear over that threat.

I love the bed and don't want it to go away.

3 comments:

M said...

Ouch on the camera....check craigslist for lost and found...someone may be kind enough to at least return the tape...that just sucks.

Glad you are happy with your new bed...a comfortable sleep is so importatn....especially the older we get!

Happy St. Paddy's :)

Anonymous said...

I know you can't replace the actual video footage you lost but perhaps you can file a claim on your homeowners insurance. Sounds like it could have been stolen, seriously! You have the reciepts and such especially if it's a new and pricey purchase, right? Give it a try! Worse thing that happens is someone returns it and then you can donate one to a charity of your choice. Just a thought.

1dreamr said...

You make me want to buy a new mattress!!

As for the camera, I am annoyed that no one turned it in...