www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Last Time


Today was Declan's last day of elementary school. And the last time the boys will be at the same school...until they're in high school.


I got up at a ridiculously early hour to get my workout and shower in before making chocolate chip pancakes and bacon.

I think I actually feel asleep standing up during the all-school slide show at 2pm.







I have spent nearly every day of the last 10 days at school. Plays. Music concerts. Class parties. Park trips. Pool trips.

Today, for example, started at 8:15am with class plays. At 10am there was a "continuation" ceremony and celebration. Then on to the park for a picnic. I delivered ice cream sandwiches. Back to school. Clapped the 5th graders into the gym. Then the epic slideshow.

It won't ever be like this again.

I think I might be a little relieved.


Check him out: Middle schooler

And maybe just a little bit sad.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm glad at least you and I can commiserate, as Kendrie and Declan continue, despite all the warnings and threats I have given, to continue GROWING UP and GETTING OLDER and quite frankly, I'm not too happy about this whole upcoming middle school thing!

1dreamr said...

Time goes so fast...