www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mmmm, Good

I've pretty much kept recipes over on my other blog, but this one is the bomb and more people read this blog, and this is too yummy to not share.

Cooking Light's Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette

It was good. Good, I tell you.

A few notes: I didn't have fresh dill and used dried. Next time I'll up the lemon juice by at least a tablespoon. I like a lot of tang.

Finn was 50/50 on it, as he said. Declan ate it, but I noticed he didn't eat all of the asparagus. Eamonn liked it, but admitted he was so hungry after his bike ride up Vail Pass tonight that he would have eaten anything I put down in front of him.

I loved it and had trouble stopping at the 1 1/4 cup serving size. We ate it as a main dish and I served it with fresh strawberries.

Next year I'll make sure to make it in the prime asparagus season.

Incidentally, have I told you how much I love my Cooking Light cookbooks? I do. I really do.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Ok, I'll admit that looks yummy, but I'm baffled by the 1 1/4 C serving size .... for the entire meal? I mean, its your meat, veggie, and starch .... and you're only supposed to have 1 1/4 C? That, my friend, is an appetizer's worth. :) (No, no idea why I'm chubby.)

Beth said...

Sounds yummy. But I have no willpower against serving size. For anything. Including Mojitos.