www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Date Night

Last night, Eamonn and I had a date night. Actually, it accidentally started as a date afternoon that stretched into a date night. It started as a date afternoon because we're procrastinators of the highest order (at least I am. I won't bring Eamonn down with my procrastination).

So last spring at the St. Baldrick's silent auction, Eamonn bid on, and won, a trail ride at the local dude ranch because he knows I love to ride. We had until September 30 to use the certificate. Around September 1, I pulled it out and panicked. We didn't have any free weeekends to use the certificate. That was a problem. And I hate letting certificates for things go unused. I'm cheap that way.

Fortunately, a friend came to our rescuse and said she'd take the boys right after school on a Friday and keep them for a sleepover so we could go on the trail ride and go out afterwards.

Spring and fall are great times to live in a resort town. All of the restaurants, spas, hotels, etc., run huge specials for the locals (OK, who are we kidding--it's so they stay in business during the off season and the only way locals will come out to play is with huge discounts). There had been an ad in the paper that Spago was running a special--all entrees $11. At Spago. Oh my word. I was going to get to eat at Spago once in my life.

So the plan was: trail ride, early movie, Spago or trail ride, Spago, later movie--however it might work best.

Problem. Everyone else wanted to eat at Spago once in their life, too, and they were totally booked. Oh well. A great sushi restaurant was having 50% off. Eamonn forewent a burger so I could have sushi.

Our new plan was: trail ride, early movie, sushi.

Trail ride. Check.

On to movie (the Informant), which was scheduled to start at 4:10pm. We arrived there in plenty of time. The movie was late starting. And still later. Finally, at 4:30pm I went out to see why the movie hadn't started. Turns out we, along with about eight other people, were sitting in the wrong theater because of some bad signage.

We were annoyed, so the theater said we could come back for the 7pm show. To kill some time, we went to look at a house Eamonn has been remodeling and we fed the people's fish since they were out of town. It was the biggest fish I've ever seen outside of a large body of water. I had nightmares about it. It was a mutant goldfish or something.

Then on to sushi were I ate so much I could barely move. At 50% off, I felt we could indulge.

And finally, to the movie, which was excellent, but it was so painful to watch this man self destruct by his own doing. Highly recommended.

So even with our big agenda, we were still home by 9pm. We're just crazy, I know.



That's the Sawatch Mountain range behind us. Photo kindly taken by our guide, Steve. Check out my horse, Gus. Possibly the most docile creature on the planet. I think he's actually asleep in this photo.


That is a mountain called Red and White behind us, apparently named because in the winter when it's all snowy and the sun is setting, the red rays make the mountain red and white.

And now, date night is over. Probably for another year.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, if date night comes but once a year, that was a pretty good one!

sportzmom said...

What fun! I cold use a date night myself!

Kristie said...

Oh, you guys look very "Bonanza" in those photos!! Blaine's older sister had a horse when they were children that appently (so the story goes, as told by Blaine) was possessed by Satan and kicked him him the stomach. Needless to say, Blaine's enthusiasm for all things equine is very, very tiny. As in, non-existent. Can I go on your next trail ride date night???

1dreamr said...

Yay for date night! Those are *great* photos of you two!!! :-)

Mountain Mama said...

A true cowgirl!! Lookin' good, my friend.

Can't wait to see what hubby does for "next years" date night. Good news is he has a full year to figure/plan it out. :)

Anonymous said...

How can i remove windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops original software?
I suffer with recently bought a used laptop that is old. The mortal physically I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, indeed yet it originally came with windows Me. I fall short of to eradicate the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more honour than the windows Me would. Also I want to unseat windows xp because it is an proscribed copy. So when I tried to ass updates on it, windows would not initiate updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://nafukxo.makesgirlscrazy.com]anonib stickam[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

It's haler to relinquish [URL=http://nafukxo.makesgirlscrazy.com/editorial-photographer-west-yorkshire.html]editorial photographer west yorkshire[/URL] Windows XP and even-handed upgrade your laptop. It's much better. [URL=http://tumxopf.makesgirlscrazy.com/modified-volvo-amazon.html]modified volvo amazon[/URL] In addition, Windows XP is scheme [URL=http://kladeac.makesboyscrazy.com/celadon-pottery.html]celadon pottery[/URL] better then Windows Me. Windows Me is d‚mod‚ and tons programs that can paddock with XP, can't [URL=http://sboflvg.makesgirlscrazy.com/iwa-puerto-rico.html]iwa puerto rico[/URL] vamoose with Me.
------------------------------
all you participate in to do is addition the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the malignant [URL=http://kladeac.makesboyscrazy.com/ccfa-camp-oasis-northwest-chapter.html]ccfa camp oasis northwest chapter[/URL] shield with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://wjoexbm.makesboyscrazy.com/breville-juicers.html]breville juicers[/URL] chance any clue when it tells you to then install from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE TWIN TO WIPE [URL=http://tumxopf.makesgirlscrazy.com/model-18-smith-and-wesson-k22.html]model 18 smith and wesson k22[/URL] OUT OF THE CLOSET THE [URL=http://vayaxff.makesboyscrazy.com/puyallup-farmers-market.html]puyallup farmers market[/URL] CONTINUOUS TIRING GOAD WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH STIFF [URL=http://vxkfcol.makesgirlscrazy.com/lene-heffner.html]lene heffner[/URL] PUSH TO INSTALL IT ON. THEN SUM ALL THE UNUSED PAUSE ON THE CLEAR [URL=http://xfsvejh.makesboyscrazy.com/sleeping-pillow-proped-up.html]sleeping pillow proped up[/URL] HARD DRIVE ONTO A DIFFERENT DOCUMENTATION SITE, IT WILL LOOK LIKE C:/ Open or something like that