www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little Boys, Big Words

Finn: My uvula hurts. I can feel it moving.

Me: Your WHAT? (I asked, while racing to Wikipedia to find out what exactly a uvula is. I didn't know the male species even had a uvula.)

In the end, I didn't need to go to the Internet to confirm what a uvula is. Finn knew and told me.

It turns out your uvula is that dangly thing in the back of your throat. Uvula. I don't like the way it sounds. But I was feeling pretty smug that my 6-year old knows such body parts as uvula. What a Super Genius I have spawned. Impressive, I know.

So then I asked him how he knew what a uvula was and he tells me he heard it on a cartoon.

Excellent. Excellent. My Super Genius is learning biology from children's shows. I see no need for school after this.

6 comments:

Haley said...

Too cute! How is first grade treating Finn? Hopefully he's off to a better start than last year!

Leeann said...

Isn't that funny? My kids learned the word from Monster House!

Paige said...

snicker snicker :)

Messy and Wonderful said...

We call that our doppleganger. It is totally non-technical, but it looks more like a doppleganger than a uvula.

Funny story.

Kristie said...

Better to learn biology from a cartoon than from the writing on the bathroom wall. :)

1dreamr said...

Heheheheh....