www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Unemployed People Do When You're Not Looking


(I have no idea why the sound didn't upload.)

"Are you actively seeking employment?"

Um, yes?

As of yesterday, Eamonn is unemployed again. It's the nature of the beast in this economy when you're a carpenter. It seems to be causing me more angst than Eamonn. He seems remarkably relaxed.

In fact, with some new snow, we decided to go skiing today. As you can see.

This little clip is was taken in an area at Beaver Creek called Stone Creek Meadows. It's part of one of my favorite runs, Rose Bowl.

Anyway, about the unemployment. We were discussing different home projects he could accomplish while unemployed. I was getting kind of excited about some of them.

In fact, I suggested that he start some sort of demolition project in the house. That always seems to guarantee he'll get work--right after he starts tearing things up.

Then we got home and he already has some irons in the fire for work. Which is great and exciting and eases my mind about some purchases I recently made, but that are inappropriate for the wife an unemployed carpenter.

I think my Honey Do list is going up in smoke.

But that's a good thing.

3 comments:

Leeann said...

I hope he gets a job super quick.. AND that it is one that he likes and that appreciates his talents!

Marci said...

Glad to hear there might be some activity for Eamonn--that makes me feel better! Sorry we did not talk today, but now I see you had something more exciting to do!

Elizabeth said...

oh good, glad he has some prospects!!

also glad he is relaxing and enjoying his time off.