www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Eight Facts About Me

Mom on the Run tagged me for a meme: Eight Facts About Me. I love these things. Mostly because I get to go on and on about myself. As if I didn't do that all the time anyway. But this is now an official license to Go On and On About Myself Ad Nauseam.

Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their name.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

**********************************************************

Eight Facts About Me:

1. I am fairly certain I can consume more popcorn than anyone in the world. There are many things in my life I could sacrifce. Popcorn isn't one of them. I gave a PowerPoint presentation about it once.

2. I have a recurring nightmare that I have coral growing out of my feet. Under the coral, my feet are orange.

3. Lima beans make me want to retch. My sisters don't like them either. One time my mom put lima beans in her homemade vegetable soup. We didn't speak to her for days.

4. For good luck when I fly, I carry a piece of a blanket, called a silkie, in my pocket. It's not the original silkie I had when I was young--I tragically sucked that up in the vaccuum cleaner when I was in college. So I went to the fabric store and bought a whole roll of the silkie stuff and just snip off pieces as I need them when I fly. To my knowledge, I have never flown without it. One time when we were in England I thought I lost it. I thought I was going to have to stay in England indefinitely (which I wouldn't mind, actually). Then I found it and we were able to come home on schedule.

5. I have very curly hair. My sisters have totally straight hair. No one can believe we're related when they look at our hair. But I guess they could also be mystified by the fact that my sisters have thin thighs and I don't. Personally, I would rather have thin thighs and straight hair.

6. My favorite sitcom of all time is MASH. I could watch it endlessly. One day I dream of owning the entire series on DVD. My dad looks and acts like Alan Alda and even runs like him. He also runs like Dick van Dyke. He runs like a cross of Alan Alda and Dick van Dyke. I wonder if my sisters and I have told him this? I suspect we have.

7. I am a middle child. Totally.

8. When I was in college, I used to stay with people's kids when they went out of town. Once I had a job that was a week long. Then I had a week's break before going back for another week with the same kids. By the middle of the last week, I developed a nervous tic in my eye. I called my mom and told her I was never having kids and that I REALLY meant it. She laughed at me.

I could go on, but I'll stop per the meme's instructions.

I'm tagging: Ashley, Laurie, Kristie, and MARCI!!! Leeann, I'm leaving you alone because you just did one and I don't want to cause you meme stress.

3 comments:

themrs said...

apparently we have the same hair:) everyone in my family has thin, stick straight hair. mine is so thick and curly i have to go to salons that specialize in african american hair. when people meet my family their first question is "where did that hair come from?" my mom likes to say it's from the UPS guy!

Marci said...

NATALIE! I just did my facts--go read!

Musings from Me said...

Eeek...your nightmare about the coral sounds painful. Coral is so prickly.

I agree about the lima beans. I grew up on English school dinners (lunch for Americans) and recall odd vegetables and mystery meats. I cannot think of liver and onions without retching. Bleeecchh.