www.flickr.com

Friday, April 3, 2009

Waiting for the Onslaught

Tonight Declan has invited 8 friends for a birthday (late) sleepover. I thought maybe 5 would be able to come. So far 7 are coming. I don't know what the deal is with the other kid's parents who maybe didn't know what RSVP stood for? I'm just guessing. I wonder if he'll show up un-RSVP'd?

Anyway, I'm feeling a little nervous. I originally thought I'd take them to the park for awhile to run off some energy. Over the course of today we have received 6 inches of the wettest, heaviest snow ever. As a result, I feel uncompelled to have 10 (the party kids, Declan, Finn and a friend for Finn) kids go out into the wet, heavy snow and then return to the house. Since pitching a tent in the backyard and having them sleep out there isn't feasible in this weather, I think I'll just lock them in the basement until tomorrow morning.

I might have to blog over the course of the evening and let you know what happened. That's if I have the time to blog. I still have to decorate the birthday cake. And do some picking up around here.

As a parting shot, when I arrived in the employee parking lot at the base of the resort at 7:30 am this morning, there was a little bit of light snow falling. When I returned to my car at noon, I found this:


The snow was level with the bottom of the car. I had to shovel a path to drive the car out of the parking space. I'm glad Eamonn had the foresight to put a shovel in my car last week before all of our spring storms. I would have had issues today if not for the shovel.

2 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

I'm with you sister. I'm over the snow! Hang in there with the twelve boys in your house tonight!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight! I will never forget the time my Mom and I hosted a sleepover for my neice. Let's just say I spent most of the night getting out of bed, telling them to be quite and go to sleep! I hope the boys are better behaved!

Postcard Cindy