www.flickr.com

Monday, September 29, 2008

Deadlines, Sinus infections and Lunch--Oh My!

No news is mostly good news. The lack of updates can be blamed on my lack of prior planning and the convergence of three client projects. And no huge crises to report.

Finn went six whole days at school without crying and then had a little meltdown last Thursday. The principal took him for a stroll around school and Finn said he missed me. The principal said it was OK--she misses her mom, too, because she lives in Texas. So crying still seems to occur when there is some sort of transition going on and Finn feels unnerved by it and doesn't really know what's coming next. Basically, if things don't go totally according to whatever plan is in his little head, it rocks his world. The same old same old is a good thing when you're Finn.

Tomorrow he has his second occupational therapy session and I'm actually looking forward to letting him come home in the middle of the day. He's battling a sinus infection and so next week we'll be meeting with a pediatric ENT to see what can be done to help Finn's poor sinuses which have just been battered by 3 1/2 years of chemo. I tried mightily to keep the sinus infection from taking root, but no luck. You know I have a huge dislike for antibiotics, but after hearing him struggle to breathe and not getting good sleep, I realized our options were limited.

Today I went to school to have lunch with the boys. It was interesting to note that they are trying a new "system" during kindergarten lunch. The kids now sit with their class and each class is assigned a different color. When it is time to finish eating and throw away your trash, your table can come up when the color card for your table is held up by the lunch monitor. The lunchroom was somewhat quieter today. . .until for some bizarre reason they kids were all excused to go outside at the same time. The stampede was mind boggling. So Finn has a little bit of angst about the new "system"--it's another thing to get used to.

When I turned up at Declan's lunch, he seemed happy to see me, but appeared more interested in talking to his friends. I was definitely the 6th wheel at the table! Ah well--it's funny to sit there and hear them tell their nonsensical jokes and crack each other up.

And finally, I have been trying to upload photos of Ohio/Niagara Falls/Michigan, and Kodak Gallery is vexing me. I hate being vexed. I'm going to go try it again and hopefully I can report back with a successful upload. Because if I try it again and it doesn't work. . .I'm going to. . .well, heck, I don't really have a vengence plan for Kodak Gallery, but I'll think of something.

1 comment:

1dreamr said...

Glad to hear things are going well for the most part. I wish I was closer so I could give you AND Finn a big hug. :-)